Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from their creation in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things, this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
All Saints Church is committed to:
• The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
• The safeguarding and protection of all children and young people, and adults when they are vulnerable
• The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• Carefully selecting and training all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of criminal records disclosures and registration with the relevant vetting and barring schemes.
• Respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• Working with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
• Challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
• Offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Tom Lochhead Tel: 07791 210955
To contact the Parish Safeguarding Officers please use the form below
Oxford Diocese Safeguarding Officer
Richard Woodley, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07391 868478
Summary Safeguarding Policy – read here
Full Safeguarding Policy – read here
If you have any concerns about safeguarding at All Saints Church please contact us using this form