MU held an amazing Coronation Party on the 24th May. King Charles III may have been crowned a few weeks before, but our All Saints church Mothers’ Union branch put on an afternoon Royal Tea party, that the King himself would have been proud of!
We raised a huge amount of money too… £750 in total, which will be split between our church spaceforall fund and the Diocese of Oxford Mothers’ Union, including AFIA (Away From It All) charity, that supports struggling families take a break.
We had over 55 people attend and had many fabulous comments afterwards, thanking us, such as:
- “I haven’t been out of the house for two years and this wonderful gathering has helped me re-connect with people”.
- “Well done to all those who helped make it a very special event”.
- “It was certainly a welcoming, warm, friendly atmosphere and jolly good cake!”
- “It was such a joyful occasion and a great opportunity to see people we might not have seen in ages & to meet new faces too”.
- From our Rector David Hodgson “Thank you for organising such a lovely afternoon. It was wonderful to see people relaxed and enjoying each other’s company. Perfect!