Currently we have two part-time paid job opportunities in our busy Parish Office. See below for details
(1) Parish Administrator – Permanent, 20 hours per week. Start salary in range £11,200 -£11,800 (for 20 hours) depending on experience etc. To start as soon as possible. Closing date for applications 27th February 2018
We are looking for a Parish Administrator who loves working with people, has relevant recent work experience and high levels of IT competency. This is a part time role (20 hours per week, three hours in the office every morning Monday-Friday and other hours to suit).
The Parish Office, where the work is based, is in The Cornerstone, our busy community hub, alongside the church and churchyard, close to the town centre, and with its own car park.
We are looking for someone with excellent personal presence and good people skills:
to run the church’s office and be the first point of contact and advice for those enquiring about church services and support
to administer and co-ordinate core areas of the church’s pastoral work and provide administrative support for church services
to co-ordinate communication and information sharing internally and externally for the church including web /social media communications
Be available in the Parish Office to provide a sensitive, caring and timely response to enquiries in person, by telephone, email or letter
Compile and format for print weekly news leaflets, service and other information leaflets
Work with the clergy and others eg funeral directors, administering and co-ordinating arrangements for the baptisms, weddings, funerals, burials and other special services, and keep the official church registers up to date and compliant
Administer the allocation and recording of burial locations and monuments in the churchyard
Keeping the church website up to date especially the calendar of events
Maintain internal email lists and manage our web domain email forwarding
Compile and produce regular church e-newsletters / email bulletins
Post on the church’s Facebook page and Twitter feeds.
Work with pastoral care groups in the church
Co-ordinate cloud storage and sharing of key documents, and develop integration of digital information storage, processing and sharing in the parish.
As well as very good people skills and literacy, we need someone who is a skilled computer user, with current competency in Microsoft Word or similar to advanced level, desktop publishing and PowerPoint, email, web browser, cloud storage and file sharing systems, Facebook and blog editing applications, and Skype/IM or similar instant messaging applications. You will need good self- organisational skills working to timelines and deadlines with an ability to get things done.
You will be in sympathy with, and supportive of, the Christian ethos and the ministry of the Church.
To apply: Please send your CV and an application letter (via email) to The Rector, Rev’d Canon David Hodgson at: email@example.com
(2) Office Assistant -Permanent, 10 or 12 hours per week as preferred. Start salary in range £4800 -£5600 (for 10 or 12 hours). To start as soon as possible. Closing date for applications 27th February 2018
We are looking for someone with good people skills and confident personal presence to support the smooth running of the office serving both All Saints Parish and its community hub The Cornerstone.
Purpose of job
• Support the smooth running of the Parish and Cornerstone office
• Assist The Cornerstone Manager and Cornerstone Bookings Secretary
• Provide cover for The Cornerstone Bookings Secretary and the Parish Administrator when on holiday
1) Receptionist for the office, including:
• Receiving general enquiries by telephone or in person for The Cornerstone and the Parish, and ensuring these are followed up
• Be a ‘listening ear’ to the general public
• Selling tickets for concerts
• Receiving deliveries
2) Administration for The Cornerstone, including filing
3) Taking bookings for The Cornerstone under the guidance of the Bookings Secretary
4) Maintaining church database of members, contacts etc. including transferring forms and Mailchimp
5) Running church printer/copier including doing long print jobs (20 -200) of leaflets and more complex items such as the Magazine, ordering of supplies and troubleshooting as needed, and ensuring stocks of service booklets, welcome packs and other church information leaflets are up to date and relevant.
6) Ordering office supplies, ensuring enough paper etc. is in stock
• Excellent telephone manner and confident personal presence
• Good people skills: friendliness/empathy/listener/warmth/ “emotional intelligence”
• Good literacy skills
• Competent user of digital interfaces eg office machine control panels etc
• Experienced user of Microsoft Word desktop software, and internet and other applications and willing to adapt experience to new applications. Training may be given on specific systems but enthusiasm to learn and ability to pick up systems quickly is important
To apply: Please send your CV and application letter (via email) to The Cornerstone Manager, Judi Arnold, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently we have a number of vacant voluntary positions.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions.
We are looking for a new Honorary Treasurer. Please consider whether you or someone you know has a calling to these vital role in our church supporting God’s work in this place. The Honorary Treasurer role is supported by a part-time paid Finance Officer.Do speak to me or Anna or your churchwardens Clive or Geoff. Thank you. The Rector.
Please contact the Rector, Canon David Hodgson, for an initial conversation.